Colorado Early Education Network is a federally funded, non-profit organization that provides comprehensive early childhood education and learning services to eligible children birth to age 5. CEEN is seeking a highly motivated, experienced Infant / Toddler Lead Teacher, who takes pride in his/her work, and thrives in an environment in which creativity, teamwork, resourcefulness and critical thinking are highly desired and valued. This position serves as the primary caregiver for four children in an Early Head Start classroom serving infants by planning, implementing, and supervising all classroom activities. This position works with typically developing children and children with disabilities. This is a 42 to 52 week; 40 hrs. per week position.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $22.34 - $23.57 per hour
Hours Required: Dependent on Center
- Works as a team member with the other education staff, parents and Parent Committee members to tailor Creative Curriculum for Infants, Toddlers, and Twos in a way that is meaningful and meets the individual and program needs.
- Document all child observations, individual goals, assessments using TS GOLD per the expected due dates set by the EHS Education Director and Disabilities Manager.
- Develop activities and use instructional materials suitable for infants and toddlers with a wide range of cognitive, physical, and emotional maturities that support the development of gross motor, fine motor, language, and social interactions.
- Involves parents in the educational activities of the program:
- to emphasize their role as the principal influence on the child's education and development; and
- to assist parents to increase their knowledge, understanding, skills and experience in basic child development.
- Provides daily management of all classroom staff, monitors employee performance and classroom activities. Shares competency assessments and views on individual performance evaluation of classroom staff with Site Education Manger.
Mandatory Education Qualifications (choose one):
Applicants must be 18 years old with at least 6 months (1,040 hours) of experience in the care of infants and toddlers, and must meet one of the following options:
- Current Infant/Toddler CDA
- Level III EC Professional Development Credential (v.2.0) andECE 111 or EQIT
- Qualified as Early Childhood Teacher (per CDE): 12 ECE credits (either ECE111 orEQIT; and either ECE 101 or 103) and 12 months (1,820) experience with infants and toddlers.
- Tuition Reimbursement up to:
- $1200/year for an AA degree
- $2400/year for a BA degree
- Choice of 3 separate health benefit programs, focused on flexibility and cost
- Employee Assistance Program that includes multiple free counseling sessions, access to a wellness coach, and work / life consultations for financial / legal and child / elder care
- Mental Health Resources through Contractors with UNC Psychological Services
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance, alongside employer-matched 401(k) contributions
In order to quickly move through the hiring process, please have these documents prepared for our hiring team:
- Completed Colorado Early Education Network job application (http://ceen.org/images/APP2021.pdf)
- The diploma required for your position (High School, AA, BA, etc)
- Educational transcripts for any ECE credits earned
- Hours of Experience letters from previous childcare employers
Colorado Early Education Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.