Colorado Early Education Network (CEEN) is a federally funded, non-profit organization that is geared towards supporting children’s growth in a positive learning environment by providing early learning and development opportunities, health and physical development services, as well as promoting family well-being through continued education and strengthening parent-child relationships.
We are looking to bring in motivated, experienced Preschool Teachers who take pride in their work with children, and are passionate about creating an engaging classroom atmosphere for preschool-aged children from low-income families while engaging with the local community. This is a 42 to 52 week; 40 hrs. per week position.
Job Type: Full-time
$23.20 – $24.61 per hour [HD]
$22.86 - $24.29 per hour [EXD]
7:00AM – 4:00PM if placed in a Half Day classroom
7:30AM – 4:00PM if placed in an Extended Day Classroom
- Work closely with a classroom team consisting of 1 Teacher, 1 Assistant Teacher, and 1 part-time Program Aide.
- Prepare daily lesson plans and developmentally appropriate activities for your students, which can range from nature walks to hands-on science experiences.
- Develop individual lesson plans for each child as well as document their progress towards their unique goals.
- Maintain a productive and appropriate classroom environment by following the Head Start Performance Standards as well as the Colorado Office of Early Childhood Child Care Licensing Rules and Regulations.
- Provide a safe and inviting classroom atmosphere through the establishment of positive and productive relationships with families and children.
- Encourage the involvement of children’s’ families in Head Start programs through home visits as well as parent-teacher conferences.
- An associate, baccalaureate or advanced degree in Early Childhood Education with at least 910 clock hours of verified experience in an early childhood setting teaching preschool-age children; ORa baccalaureate or advanced degree in any field and coursework* (30 ECE credits) equivalent to a major relating to Early Childhood Education with at least 910 clock hours of verified experience in an early childhood setting teaching preschool-age children; OR
- An associate degree in a field related to Early Childhood Education and coursework* (15 ECE credits) equivalent to a major relating to Early Childhood Education with at least 910 clock hours of verified experience in an early childhood setting teaching preschool-age children; OR
- A current professional Teaching License issued by the Colorado Department of Education with an endorsement in the area of Elementary Education, ECE, Early Childhood Special Education, or Early Childhood Special Education Specialist.
- Tuition Reimbursement up to:
- $1200/year for an AA degree
- $2400/year for a BA degree
- Choice of 3 separate health benefit programs, focused on flexibility and cost
- Employee Assistance Program that includes multiple free counseling sessions, access to a wellness coach, and work / life consultations for financial / legal and child / elder care
- Mental Health Resources through Contractors with UNC Psychological Services
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance, alongside employer-matched 401(k) contributions
In order to quickly move through the hiring process, please have these documents prepared for our hiring team:
- Completed Colorado Early Education Network job application (http://ceen.org/images/APP2021.pdf)
- The diploma required for your position (High School, AA, BA, etc)
- Educational transcripts for any ECE credits earned
- Hours of Experience letters from previous childcare employers
Colorado Early Education Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.